Online Scheduling of Infusion Resources Information System
Forget about keeping cumbersome appointment books or unreliable spreadsheets for chemotherapy scheduling. OSIRiS is here to help you.
A scheduling system for Day Chemotherapy centres, OSIRiS was met with immediate praise on its release in 2013 – “just love the scheduler,” was a typical remark. Since then, the collected feedback has been fed into the development process. The result is a sophisticated application which includes a pharmacy knowledge base. This facilitates entering the complete treatment (e.g. multiple cycles) and ensures that chemotherapy drugs and regimens are recorded accurately.
OSIRiS consists of three modules: OSIRiS scheduler, OSIRiS pharmacy and OSIRiS administration. The pharmacy module allows your pharmacy department to maintain the pharmacy knowledge base. The administration module controls many of the configurable options. Users are assigned to one of six User Groups. These dictate which modules are available to an individual user.
The main module of OSIRiS, maintains the schedule of appointments for a day chemotherapy department.
Some of OSIRiS Scheduler’s best features include
- It is easy to learn with detailed online documentation and videos.
- It displays today’s, or this week’s schedule (or any other day’s / week’s) on any device with a browser.
- It is easy to book several cycles of treatment in one go.
- It is easy to reschedule or cancel appointments, multiple appointments, in one go as situations change.
- It is easy to access a complete patient history.
- It can be used effectively as a reference for drugs, regimens and procedures.
- It is effective as an inter-departmental communications tool: separate screens for the front desk, the nurses and the nurse manager.
- It is an aid to communications with pharmacy (e.g. chemotherapy orders), with doctors (e.g. treatment lists) and with patients (e.g. appointment letters).
- It is a good management tool (e.g for analysing waiting lists or bed occupancy).